Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hillbilly The Real Story

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hillbilly The Real Story

    http://www.history.com/shows.do?epis...&action=detail

    If you haven't seen this on the History Channel, you're missing out. Deals with a great many pieces of mountain lore. Moonshine, Clinchfield, coal mining, snake handling.

    It's a great way to spend 2 hours, even if you have to listen to Billy Ray Cyrus.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hillbilly The Real Story

    good show
    also had something on the other night, can't quite place the name, but it pretty much told the history of Hillbillies in this region, from moonshining, hatfields and mccoys, marijuana, and on
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hillbilly The Real Story

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knight_67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good show
    also had something on the other night, can't quite place the name, but it pretty much told the history of Hillbillies in this region, from moonshining, hatfields and mccoys, marijuana, and on </div></div>

    Umm, that is the show I'm talking about.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hillbilly The Real Story

    I was thinking it was named something else, still think i may have watched something different, may be wrong though
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hillbilly The Real Story

    Every since I got the History Channel in HD I can't stop watching it, I would have never known it existed.

    I watched "Hillbilly The Real Story", good stuff. My Papaw ran some good moonshine, I remember him showing me how to tell if it was good shine or not by the bubbles, they were showing that on the show.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hillbilly The Real Story

    anyone know when it is on again and i will dvr it so can watch it later lol

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hillbilly The Real Story

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knight_67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking it was named something else, still think i may have watched something different, may be wrong though </div></div>

    May have been another show. I remember watching one were it talked about the hillbilly highway. Alot of folks moved from here to Detroit For jobs. I would say alot of us have a family member that moved there or to Northern Va.


    The show with billy ray is good to. Except for the billy ray factor.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •